Useful and healing properties of primrose
As soon as the snow comes down, the earth is decorated with small bright primrose flowers, which are also known as primrose. Obviously, this name was attached to the plant due to the fact that it is it that is considered the first harbinger of spring. In addition to attractive decorative qualities, this small flower is also distinguished by its high healing properties, read more about it further.
The primrose belongs to perennials. In his description, it is worth noting that this is a grassy culture, with green foliage and, as a rule, yellow flowers. The average growth of primrose is about 25 cm. The shape of the inflorescences is an umbrella.
Despite its miniature size, the plant has useful properties, due to its rich chemical composition, in which stocks are found:
- phenolic glycosides;
- triterpene saponins;
- essential oils;
- silicic and salicylic acids;
- beta carotenes;
- vitamins (C, E);
- macro- and microelements (potassium, calcium, sodium);
- ascorbic acid, whose reserves in plant parts are much greater than in citrus fruits.
Benefits and healing properties
- Due to its uniquely rich vitamin and mineral composition, the primrose is a well-known medicinal plant that has the following properties:
- improves urination and perspiration;
- It has an antispasmodic, tonic, analgesic, restorative and soothing effect;
- normalizes the central nervous system;
- Effectively affects blood-forming processes and the method of iron absorption;
- neutralizes free radicals;
- Stimulates work processes in the thyroid gland;
- promotes the elimination of cholesterol;
- cleanses and strengthens blood vessels;
- has a positive effect on the healing and wound healing;
- improves immunity and helps to strengthen it.
- positively affects the skin: when using medicinal products from primrose, the skin acquires a healthy and well-groomed appearance;
- effectively affects the work of the musculoskeletal system;
- reduces the risk of blood clots, and also resolves existing ones;
- qualitatively improves women's health: positively affects fertility, eliminates the deterioration in health caused by menopause;
- promotes the elimination of sputum accumulated in the bronchi;
- interferes with DNA synthesis processes in malignant cells, and, accordingly, prevents their reproduction;
- protects the body from pathogens, kills infections.
Benefit and harm for women
An impressive list of useful properties of primrose could not be overlooked by doctors and folk healers. The plant is widely used in the preparation of medicines necessary to improve women's health.
- So, medicines from primrose have the following properties:
- reduce pain and cramping during menstruation;
- eliminate and mitigate the symptoms of menopause, for example, reduce hot flashes;
- used in the treatment of endometriosis;
- help to eliminate the symptoms of mastitis, which almost every woman encounters during HB;
- widely used in cosmetology, because they have the ability to strengthen nails and hair, giving them a healthy look. They also positively affect the condition of the skin: they prevent dryness and the development of wrinkles, eliminate peeling, cleanse oily and prone to skin types, relieve inflammation caused by allergic reactions, and itch, increase elasticity. Especially popular in cosmetology is oil from a flower.
Important! During the bearing of a child, a woman is strictly forbidden to take medicine from primrose, as they cause a contraction of the uterus and can provoke a miscarriage (especially in the first trimester) or premature birth. This is a great harm to primrose.
- Primrose medicines are widely used to improve men's health:
- eliminate the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis and osteoporosis (relieve joint pain and swelling);
- stabilize pressure;
- improve vision;
- reduce cellular decay, which is typical for men who take alcohol;
- prevent the development of prostatitis and reduce the risk of developing prostate diseases.
In folk medicine, there are numerous methods for treating diseases with the help of drugs and preparations from evening primrose. For medicinal purposes, all parts of the plant are used: the grass itself (stems and leaves), root, flowers.
Did you know? The people call primrose rams, lamb, God's handles, letter, goldfish, and copper pen.
Tea from primrose is an excellent remedy for calming nerves, relieving stress, eliminating the symptoms of colds and coughs. And just a tasty drink, for the preparation of which you will need one teaspoon of dried primrose flowers, which are poured with a glass of boiling water. Tea should be infused for about 15 minutes, after which it needs to be filtered and you can drink.
The benefits will not take long: you will instantly feel the relaxation and improvement of your body. Sugar can not be added, since primrose petals will give the drink a sweetish taste.
Did you know? There is a popular belief that a girl who will be the first to find a primrose flower in spring will meet her love and become a married woman by the end of the year.
A primrose decoction is an excellent remedy for eliminating cough.
To prepare it, you will need:
- dry shredded flower leaf: 1 tsp;
- water: 200 ml.
Prepared from the roots of the plant. 1 tbsp. l roots add 100 ml of boiling water and insist 20 minutes. After the specified time, filter and take four times a day, 25 ml. Such a remedy has calming properties, helps eliminate insomnia and general weakness in the body, and is used as a diuretic.
Primrose oil is widely used in traditional medicine and cosmetology, as it has many beneficial properties. It is recommended to buy the product in pharmacies, focusing on the recommendations of the doctor and features of use. It can be in liquid form or capsules. Effectively affects the human body, eliminates cosmetic problems, is used by women during preparation for childbirth.
Application in traditional medicine
Traditional medicine is rich in its recipes and recommendations for the use of primrose medicines. The healers have developed a whole range of tips and methods for using primrose preparations that are effective in combating various diseases. Read more about what, read on.
Important! Before using medicines from spring primrose, be sure to consult your doctor. It is strictly forbidden to self-medicate.
With mastopathy and PMS
In the treatment of mastopathy, primrose oil has positively established itself. Depending on the medical recommendations, you can rub your chest with liquid oil, or you can take it inside in the form of capsules. The product has analgesic properties, and also relieves inflammation.
The appropriateness of treating PMS symptoms with primrose oil is explained by the fact that the seeds of the plant from which the product is made contain gamma-linolenic acid in large quantities.Her task is to regulate the production of prostaglandin of the 1st group, which is considered a regulator of hormones - estrogen and testosterone, the jumps of which are characteristic of the female body during the PMS period. Hormonal jumps explain a sharp change in mood, hot flashes, periodic sweating of women.
With ovarian cyst
If you have an ovarian cyst, then folk healers and gynecologists agree that you need to use primrose oil, since it has anti-inflammatory functions and eliminates pain. It is advisable to take such a tool to prevent the formation of cysts.
Did you know? Even the Olympic gods, according to mythology, used the primrose for medicinal purposes. They called him the Dodecateon, that is, the flower of 12 gods.
With endometriosis and infertility
Uterine inflammation, known in medicine as endometriosis, is almost always accompanied by infertility. Folk healers do not advise to give up and fall into despair after hearing such a diagnosis, because medicines based on primrose will help to overcome such a disease and feel the joy of motherhood.
Gynecologists agree with the opinion of traditional healers, therefore, those and others it is recommended to take spring primrose oil or preparations based on it for endometriosis. The fact is that the flower has the ability to eliminate inflammation. Oil is also effective as a remedy against infertility, because it regulates the synthesis of hormones in the body of a woman.
In preparation for childbirth
If in the first trimester of pregnancy it is strictly forbidden to use drugs based on primrose, then during preparation for labor, it is advisable to resort to using primrose oil. The use of capsules with oil has a positive effect on the production of sex hormones and cervical mucus, qualitatively affects the blood supply in the vessels leading to the uterine mucosa, and this, in turn, alleviates pain from contractions and speeds up uterine opening.
Important! The benefits of the oil of this perennial herb appear only if the woman complies with all the recommendations and dosages of her attending physician. Without its purpose, pregnant women are strictly forbidden to use the drug.
Joint pains will help eliminate rubbing and compresses with tincture of primrose. To prepare the medicine, you need 2 tbsp. spoons of foliage and plant roots pour a glass of alcohol (preferably 70%). The medicine should stand in dark cool conditions for about 2 weeks. Then the alcohol is drained, and the liquid is squeezed from the leaves and roots, which will be used for rubbing the sore spots.
Application in cosmetology
Primrose oil is widely used in cosmetology.
By applying it, the following problems are eliminated:
- skin inflammations, dermatitis and premature aging of the skin;
- hair loss of a healthy and well-groomed appearance;
- nail fungus;
Primrose, despite an impressive list of useful properties, has contraindications for use. It is forbidden to take medicine from a flower for men and women who suffer from individual intolerance, allergic reactions, or peptic ulcers.
The primrose is not only a small bright flower, which is the first to decorate the land drained by winter frosts and cold, but also a medicinal plant rich in useful properties. Each part of the primrose can be used for medicinal purposes. Culture is popular in both traditional and folk medicine.