How to smoke hot smoked pink salmon in a smokehouse
Red fish is an expensive delicacy that can decorate any holiday table. It can be salted, baked, marinated, you will certainly get a gourmet dish. Hot smoked pink salmon is a very tasty, fragrant and healthy dish. She is especially good at home, cooked at home. In order to get a tasty, high-quality product, it is important to know how to properly not only smoke, but also pre-salt the fish.
Selection and preparation of ingredients
For homemade smoking, you can take fresh, chilled or frozen pink salmon. The use of a product with impaired integrity, damage, mucus on the surface and putrid odor of gills is unacceptable.
The most natural among the frozen pink salmon will be having a curved, twisted shape, which it acquired under the natural conditions of freezing on a vessel after fishing.
Before cooking, the entrails are removed from the whole carcass, leaving scales and fins. As raw materials, you can use both whole and headless copies. Large pink salmon can be plastered into two parts or cut across and cooked in parts.
Important! The use of pink salmon meat is contraindicated for people suffering from chronic liver diseases, and can also lead to an exacerbation of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
Hot smoked pink salmon recipes
Preliminary preparation of the product involves salting. There are several options for salting pink salmon, the most commonly used of which are dry salting and the method of immersion in brine. Salt is used in the middle fraction, without iodine content.
Salted in brine
3600 g4–5 days
3 pcs. medium size
black pepper peas
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- In a medium-sized container, measure the required amount of cold water. Add salt and sugar, mix thoroughly until completely dissolved. Place black and allspice in a saucepan with liquid. Bay leaf and coriander send in a container with brine.
- Put the pot on the fire and bring to a boil. Remove the brine from the heat and cool. Put the fish in a wide bowl, pour over the cooled brine.
- Put the fish under oppression. How much brine is needed depends on the weight of the oppression, it is important that the product is completely covered with liquid. Leave pink salmon to be salted in a cool place for 2-3 days. If the fish is large, hold it for another day in brine.
- Take out the fish, put it on the net, let the excess liquid drain for an hour. Place spacers in the abdomen of each carcass.
- Send the product to the smokehouse, turn on the “Fan” mode, set the temperature to 20–25 degrees and dry the pink salmon well for 12 hours.
- Turn off the fan and allow the carcasses to rest for 6–7 hours. Set the “Compressor” mode to 3 hours to blow the product.
- Semi-finished product injection time will be 20–24 hours at a temperature of 20–22 degrees. Ready pink salmon has a golden, saturated color and a pronounced aroma of smoked fish.
Video recipeSalted in brine Video recipe: Salted in brine
1200 g 2-3 days
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Rinse large fish with running water and dry with a paper towel. Spread a large plastic bag on a flat surface, put an even layer of salt in it, counting on the entire length of the fish.
- Transfer the carcass to a pillow of salt.
- Thoroughly rub the external surface and the internal cavity of the workpiece with salt. Gills also fill with spice.
- Prepared carcass should be plentifully covered with salt.
- Wrap the polyethylene tightly and place the pink salmon for salting in the refrigerator for 36 hours. Remove the semi-finished product from the refrigerator, rinse the salt thoroughly, hang the product on a hook and let the liquid drain for a couple of hours.
- Before smoking, a spacer should be inserted into the peritoneum. Hot smoking will take no more than 1 hour.
Important! Wood smoke used for smoking contains a harmful chemical compound - benzopyrene. Its high concentration is toxic and can provoke the development of cancer. Most of the substance is absorbed by fish with thin skin prepared by the method of hot smoking.
Video recipeDry AmbassadorVideo Recipe: Dry Ambassador
Smoked pink salmon, which is easy to make with your own hands, is not only a very tasty snack, but also a healthy, rich in polyunsaturated fats and amino acids product.
Did you know? Historically, it was the Jews who first learned to smoke poultry and fish. According to them, smoked game meat cleansed souls from sins, and smoked fish was a product only for the upper classes.
Homemade salting and smoking will ensure the perfect quality of the final result, even if this process takes a lot of time. Thanks to natural ingredients and methods of smoking, the fish does not contain flavorings and preservatives that can harm health.