How to boil pink salmon tasty
Boiled pink salmon is a dietary dish, so it is often consumed by those who lead a healthy lifestyle. Such fish can also be prepared for the everyday table, because with proper cooking it has an excellent taste and goes well with various side dishes. A simple step-by-step recipe for cooking boiled pink salmon, as well as the basic rules for choosing and preparing products for this dish, are further in the article.
Selection and preparation of ingredients
There are many recipes for cooked pink salmon, in which you can cook fresh or frozen fish, but in the second case, the carcass is previously thawed in the refrigerator or at room temperature. Vegetables are picked, washed and peeled in the usual way. When choosing the main ingredient, the degree of its freshness is determined by appearance.
Did you know? All newborn pink salmon fry are females. Some of them have a gender change to a male with the beginning of swimming.
The main signs of a quality carcass:
- red gills;
- whole and smooth skin without damage;
- evenly colored belly without dents or swellings;
- sparkling eyes and scales;
- the amount of ice - not more than 5% of the mass of the carcass (when using frozen fish);
- elastic flesh that retains its shape when pressed;
- pleasant fish aroma.
Cooking boiled pink salmon
black pepper peas
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Peel and rinse vegetables, dill. Rinse the fish in water, remove the head, tail fin and entrails.
- Cut the carcass into large steaks about 5–7 cm thick.
- Chop the carrots with thick rings. Cut the whole onion into 6–8 parts.
- Prepare a small stewpan for the broth. Put spices, bay leaf, chopped vegetables, dill in it.
- Pour water into a saucepan with ingredients, add salt to taste. Put the container on fire.
- After boiling the marinade, reduce the heat a little. Leave the mixture to boil for 10 minutes.
- Dip fish steaks in boiling marinade. Cook them on moderate heat for 15-20 minutes until the pulp becomes soft.
- Get ready-made slices of fish from boiling water. Put on a clean plate.
Important! In order for pink salmon to cook evenly, it must be completely covered with broth during cooking. If the liquid has boiled away and its volume has decreased, then you can add a little clean water to the tank.
It is recommended to serve boiled pink salmon with a side dish of vegetables, rice or boiled potatoes. Following the steps specified in the recipe and observing the proportions, you can cook a tasty and healthy fish that has absorbed the aroma of spices from the marinade and acquired juiciness.