Features of a gas tent stove
The traditional way to keep warm while fishing or camping is a bonfire. However, experienced fishermen, hunters and tourists understand that it is often "not enough", especially in winter. If you do not want to freeze in a winter tent, you should take care of the proper comfort in absolutely any conditions. And it can be provided with a gas stove or heater. You need to give preference to a compact, convenient, autonomous, economical and safe model. You can read about the right choice and safe use in this article.
Advantages and disadvantages of a gas stove for a tent
A gas furnace is a product called a gas heat exchanger. The unit is designed to heat an impressive size area in the cold season. Especially in demand for winter fishing. The reasons lie in the fact that the combustion products are released, providing the possibility of long-term operation of the equipment so that it does no harm.
Important! In camping conditions or when fishing, a gas stove can be used outdoors, and not just in a tent. The area of operation of the device will be small, but if located nearby, this is enough to warm up.
- The advantages of such equipment for a winter tent are as follows:
- high reliability;
- ease of use;
- compactness of the stove itself (not the cylinder);
- guarantee of continuous operation for 10-12 hours;
- reliability in work;
- low power consumption;
- high efficiency.
- The main disadvantages of a gas stove are as follows:
- the cylinder and the design itself are quite large;
- manual transportation is not possible; you have to use transport;
- The cylinder must be changed or refilled.
Characteristics of a gas tent stove
The device is operated from a cylinder, which is connected via hoses.
The furnace has 4 main components:
- metal case;
- internal cameras;
Important! There is no directly open flame outside, which becomes the main safety condition. At the same time, there is also no red-hot air, which is important.
Modern appliances are widely represented. In particular, they are divided into heat exchangers and heaters. The latter are distinguished by the use of thermal energy, which is generated by the combustion of any fuel.
And the common feature of all devices, regardless of their type, is the presence of open flame. Heating is possible due to the combustion of fuel, which leads to heating of the elements.
In more detail, the principle of operation looks like this:
- combustion products move through existing chambers;
- the case is heated;
- combustion products exit through the pipe.
The main characteristics of the equipment:
|Device type||gas heater|
|Gas fuel consumption||80-100.0 g / h on average, but model dependent|
|Piezo igniter option available||depends on the model, but more often - there is|
|Gas burner material||ceramics|
|Power||about 1.2 kW, but depends on the design|
Exact specifications are determined by the model and manufacturer. You can read about them in the instructions for the selected unit.
How to choose a tent heater
In the market, radiators and heaters are presented in a huge assortment, so you need to be responsible in choosing. The main thing is to pay attention to complexity and effectiveness.to achieve the desired level of comfort from the operation of the gas stove.
So, the choice should be made in accordance with such factors:
- fuel availability - the simplicity of its search and acquisition;
- degree of heating - permissible level of possible heat;
- compactness - guarantee of convenient transportation;
- profitability - cost minimization;
- price - budget availability;
- durability - the possibility of prolonged use;
- safety - subject to operating rules.
These indicators are most important in the selection. Each of them guarantees that the purchased unit will suit you in all respects.
Video: fishing tents in winter fishing
Experts recommend taking into account two main options:
- Automatic protection system. It is designed to prevent problems in the event of accidental tipping of the device or exceeding the permissible inclination. I must say that this situation is not uncommon due to the limited space of the tent.
- The presence of a gas analyzer. Its task is to monitor the carbon monoxide (CO) content in the air inside the tent. If the permissible values are exceeded, an audible signal will sound. Remember that even flawless ventilation is not a guarantee of a complete removal of fuel combustion products.
Did you know? The world's first heater was developed by the French scientist Jacques Noirot in the 30s of the XX century. It was a simple device, consisting of a fan for pumping air into an octagonal spiral connected to the network.
Safety precautions when using
Regardless of the selected model, its modifications and other features, it is imperative to adhere to safety precautions. This is a guarantee of preventing irreparable consequences.
So, the following rules are mandatory:
- The device is installed so that between it and the walls of the tent is more than 50 cm.
- It is necessary to provide ventilation in a limited space in order to remove the products of combustion of fuel. This can be done through the hose, which is present in many models, or by regular ventilation.
- It is impermissible to direct the burner and its reflector to any combustible objects or materials, for example, to the walls of a tent or clothes.
- It is forbidden to leave the heater turned on at night if no one controls its operation.
- The place for sleeping should be raised at least 25 cm above the floor, since carbon monoxide tends to fall down when cooling, where their maximum concentration is observed.
- The quality of gas cylinders is above all. The best choice is with leakage protection and the possibility of extinguishing the flame. The ideal option is automated.
- It is forbidden to dry clothes and any textile products above the heater.
- The use of a gas cylinder must be in strict accordance with the instructions that are included with the kit.
- It is not permissible to install the unit near explosive or flammable materials and objects.
Important! Under the gas-fired heating device, place a stand made of non-combustible material. At the same time, it should be 30% larger than the unit in area.
Remember that heating a winter tent is a responsible event. It requires close attention and serious preparation, the same as all other attributes of a campaign or a quiet hunt. If there are difficulties with the selection of equipment, it is better to seek the help of specialists. And then a hike or fishing in the winter will be as comfortable as possible, and frost will not cause you any trouble.