Home-made underwater camera for winter fishing
Every fisherman wants to see what is happening under the ice. It was this desire that caused the demand for underwater cameras for winter fishing, the prices of which are far from low from manufacturers. This fact has become a driving force for enthusiastic fishing in the intention to create such an attribute with their own hands.
Advantages and disadvantages of a home-made underwater camera
A self-made underwater camera for winter fishing, like any device made independently, has pros and cons.
- The disadvantages include:
- significant dimensions, compared with factory copies;
- problems with providing the device with energy, for which it is necessary to use a car battery, while factory models have a very low level of energy consumption, and they do not need additional recharging;
- unlike branded copies, home-made devices do not have operating modes and, in most cases, the ability to first record information and then reproduce it;
- limited functionality of a homemade device;
- time spent searching for materials and tools, and then - for subsequent assembly;
- the manufacture and customization of a home-made underwater camera is not for everyone, it may lack knowledge, skills and patience.
The main, but most important argument in favor of making a camera for shooting underwater with your own hands is that the cost of this device is several times lower than the price of a finished factory product.
Winter Fishing Design
To properly make the device yourself, you need to know the principles of its operation and design features:
- the underwater video camera should be designed in accordance with ground-based devices;
- it is equipped with a backlight for the ability to see in the water column;
- the case of the device is characterized by tightness;
- the camera is equipped with a cable through which information is transmitted to the monitor;
- a battery is required for continuous supply of energy;
- to improve visibility during video shooting, it is desirable to be able to rotate the camera;
- when immersed to a considerable depth, the device successfully transfers pressure without failing;
- the camera used in the design of the device meets all the requirements of high sensitivity;
- when exposed to low temperatures, the device should not be turned off.
Terms and conditions
- Using an underwater video camera opens up interesting possibilities:
- helps to monitor the behavior of fish and other living creatures in depth;
- allows you to see the reaction to the bait;
- to consider life under water in all its glory.
Did you know? In 1959, in the coastal south-Australian zone, the most weighty fish, a white shark, weighing 1208 kg, was caught on a fishing rod.
All of these features are relevant subject to certain conditions:
- high sensitivity of the camera, because it is from this that quality shooting and the lack of blur on the screen will depend;
- photosensitive matrix in the device;
- fog protection;
- the ability to adjust contrast;
- night vision mode;
- backlight with moderate brightness, improving visibility when shooting;
- two lenses in the camera, improving the breadth of view;
- quality of a monitor representing real images;
- compact size of the camera, allowing the device to freely ply through the hole;
- Correct choice of depth for shooting, which will help to avoid depressurization of the device.
How to make an underwater camera with your own hands
Having shown ingenuity, enterprise and ingenuity, it is possible without special difficulties in a relatively short time to try to make a home-made camera for underwater shooting, functionally not much different from production counterparts, but costing much less.
Did you know? The Amazonians have learned to catch electric eel, capable of striking a current of 500 volts. To do this, a large cow herd is launched into the water, the fish uses all its charges on the animals without harming them, after which it becomes absolutely harmless for fishing.
Selection of materials and tools
The main thing in this business is to choose the right materials, tools and other components necessary for assembling a device operating under water:
- small multifunctional camcorder with high quality shooting;
- small box with absolute tightness corresponding to the size of the chamber;
- car battery;
- cable for extension to the required distance;
- inverter for converting current;
- monitor or mini-TV;
- cargo of lead;
- ultraviolet diode illumination;
- glue with a high level of quality;
- transparent plastic container;
- insulation tape;
The sealed state of the device is the main condition for its functioning under water. The isolation of the underwater video camera from the least moisture access should be at the highest level. It is recommended that all parts exposed to water be treated with silicone or other materials with hermetic properties. After the camera is fully assembled and placed in a special box, all joints, holes must be insulated with a quality sealant - silicone or special glue.
In this case, it is especially necessary to pay attention to the insulation and reliable fixation of the cable entry into the container, the position of which should not change during the operation of the device.The distance from the lens to the box wall should be kept to a minimum in order to avoid the formation of condensation, which impairs visibility and can provoke damage to the device.
Important! Before using in natural conditions, it is recommended to check the kit for leaks in the bathroom and for winter hardiness in the refrigerator freezer. Just making sure that water does not get inside, and the case does not crack from the low temperature regime, you can be sure of the suitability of the device.
Assemble the underwater video camera step by step:
- Check the operation of the camera, after - the monitor or TV connected to the camcorder.
- Place the serviceable camera in a specially prepared plastic box, and securely fix it. It should be horizontal with the lens forward.
- Determine the places for the holes and cut through, pass the cables through them.
- Put lead cargo in the container to the camcorder, securing it so that it does not move.
- In a certain place, make holes for illuminating lamps, insert bulbs with wires connected to them in these holes. Connect the wires from the lamps to the cable from the camera. Treat all joints and joints with special glue and insulate.
- Check again the location of the camera, its operation, whether all the wires are connected, including the wire from the power source.
- After a check check, absolutely seal the plastic container with silicone or other special insulating material.
- Attach a fastening in the form of a rope made of artificial materials that are not exposed to rapid exposure to water to a plastic box, so that it is more convenient to carry out the descent of the device into the hole.
- You should monitor the condition of the battery and keep it charged at all times.
Video: DIY underwater camera for fishing
Rules for storage and transportation
If the underwater camera is improperly transported and does not provide proper storage conditions for it, then it can fail, even without having carried out its first report.
Important! For a monitor or TV, you can make a separate box with a special window for the screen. In such a device, it is convenient to move the monitor on ice and hide it from sunlight, the impact of which affects the image.
To ensure a longer service life of the device:
- pick up a special reel for winding the cable, because at low temperatures it can not be bent. The cable reel can be put in a separate suitcase or box in which it will be transported and stored in the future;
- suitcase or special boxin which the camera will be stored, it is necessary to equip with separate sockets and partition them with rubber jumpers. In these compartments place a camera, monitor, reel with cable (if it is not stored separately). Everything should be fixed and not change locations during transportation;
- after using the device, all elements should be removed from the box, dry, charge the camcorder, all places treated with sealant, check for damage, if any, re-treat with sealants.
Man always seeks to know what is hidden from his eyes. A special video camera can help you see the underwater world in all its glory without jeopardizing your own life. And if the industrial model is not affordable for everyone, then made with your own hands will give double pleasure and will be the pride of any fisherman.